What is a healthy life for you?
The definition of health is a good physical and mental condition, and wellness is the way to achieve it. Wellness is an essential element in life because it affects one’s emotions, behaviors, thinking ability, and physical health.
There are eight dimensions of wellness that include:
- Emotional – coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
- Spiritual – expanding our sense of purpose and meaning in life.
- Intellectual – recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills.
- Physical – recognizing the need for physical activity, diet, sleep, and nutrition.
- Environmental – good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being.
- Financial – satisfaction with current and future financial situations.
- Occupational – personal satisfaction and enrichment derived from one’s work.
- Social – developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system.
All the eight dimensions of wellness are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. For example, if a person has serious physical problems, it may have a negative impact on financial, emotional or social dimensions of wellness even though the other dimensions are in balance.
In other words, improving your physical health can benefit mental, financial and social wellness.
It is important to make healthy lifestyle choices to improve the overall quality of life.8 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Work-Life Balance Click To Tweet
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
How to Improve Each Wellness?
Creating a wellness lifestyle can be challenging, but finding the right information, supports, and resources can help us get there. These are some examples of wellness tips for each wellness dimensions.
- Develop healthy eating habits. MyPlate plan (it’s free) helps you to create a personalized meal plan based on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity level.
- Exercise daily. Don’t have time to exercise? Park further away from the store, take stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours a day.
- Avoid exercise before going to bed.
- Avoid large meals before going to bed.
- Visit the dentist or other health care provider occasionally for maintenance.
- Sign up for an online class to learn something new. CreativeLive provides free and affordable online classes!
- Learn a new language.
- Teach something to others.
- Read books, blogs, magazines.
- Travel abroad.
- Develop healthy financial habits.
- Create a High Yield saving account.
- Sell digital and/or physical products online. E-products like eBooks and online courses are super popular right now. These are some ideas of eBooks and online courses.
- Start blogging. Here is an article about how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost step by step.
- Track expenses at least every month.
- Pay off your credit card completely every month.
- Figure out what outdoor activities make you feel good.
- During work hours, take a break to walk around, drink some coffee or water.
- Make a schedule to clean up your living space.
- Make your workspace work for you.
- Tap into technology.
- Read about other types of beliefs to help you become more understanding, accepting, and open-minded.
- Start morning meditation.
- Stay positive.
- Look online or in the local paper for groups that share your interests.
- Meet new people.
- Make time for family.
- Research careers and/or employment that involve the activities you enjoy most yet provide the flexibility for a balanced life (use site like https://www.careerbuilder.com/ or https://www.monster.com/)
- Take the time to think of what you enjoy most.
- Develop regular habits that help you process and deal with your feelings effectively do you move forward in fulfilling your emotional needs.
- Find a place where you feel the most comfortable.
- Discover what you like to do best! (to me, it’s travel)
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Take some time to yourself regularly.
- Develop a positive statement to repeat to yourself daily.
Balancing work and life is never easy, but everyone can make it better little by little (: