Here’s how (and why) I got started:
My side hustle journey began back in 2015 when I decided to go back to college.
Going back to school requires a large investment of time and money as an adult student. I already had a mortgage and no more space for extra debt like student loans at the time.
So, I started to investigate different ways to make extra money on top of my job.
I’ve tried 8 side hustle in my spare time between 2015 and 2019 and earned over $20K net income. I know, it’s not a lot of money but definitely helped me avoid getting into debt.
After graduating from college, I started this site to share my freelance lifestyle and side hustle income reports. It showcases my successes and failures, as well as the actionable lessons from real experience.
I hope to use this blog to educate and inform others and myself about money and work from home.
Keep in touch
25 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m a tea person.
- Afternoon tea is one of my favorite things to do.
- I’m a big foodie.
- I’m a geeky traveler.
- I’ve been to all 50 states and 10 countries.
- I’m passionate about “luxury travel for less.”
- For domestic, Las Vegas is my favorite place to visit.
- I’m an HGVC owner.
- I spend money on experiences rather than things.
- I often shop at discount stores like Nordstrom Rack, T.J.Maxx, and Marshalls.
- I also shop second-hand.
- I was a kid who gets overly excited about going to bookstores.
- Now, I’m a girl who gets excited about going to Target.
- Nintendo Game Boy was my first ever video game console to own.
- I believe people who developed Super Mario Bros. deserve Nobel Prize.
- I have BA in graphic design and media art from an online university.
- I learned Oracle SQL & PHP from books at home and got hired by one of the software companies.
- Worked as a self-taught software engineer in the software industry was very rough.
- I chose to be a freelancer because of that experience.
- I enjoy visiting museums.
- The most memorable museums were The Tech Interactive, LACMA, Ben & Jerry’s Factory, and Meow Wolf Las Vegas.
- I sometimes skip lunch but never skip snacks.
- I like drawing.
- I like stationery.
- I work online, shop online, met my husband online. (dating with him online)
Got a question?
Have a question? Interested in working together? I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email at happierfreelancing(at)gmail(dot)com
If you’d just like to say hi or have a quick question you don’t mind other people seeing, I would appreciate a quick message on my Twitter.
Write for Us
Happier Freelancing welcome guest posts from other bloggers! If you’re looking for information on guest posting, you’ll find it here.