Have you ever heard of influencers? Influencers can be artists, athletes, bloggers, content creators, etc. These influencers will support businesses to improve brand reputation, brand authenticity as well as brand awareness.
It’s like an independent advertiser for businesses!
How Much do Influencers Earn Per Post?
So, how much money they’ll make? It depends on “reach.” Reach is how many people the influencer has access to from their platforms such as social media or blog.
These are influencer categories based on their reach:
- Nano-influencers: 1,000–10,000 followers
- Micro-influencers: 10,000–50,000 followers
- Mid-tier influencers: 50,000–500,000 followers
- Macro-influencers: 500,000–1,000,000 followers
- Mega-influencers: 1,000,000+ followers
In general, the more followers the more money influencer can make.
For example, these are the average payment on social media platforms based on influencer reach.
- Nano-influencers: $10–$100 per post
- Micro-influencers: $100–$500 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $500–$5,000 per post
- Macro-influencers: $5,000–$10,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $10,000+ per post
- Celebrities: Varies, but $1+ million isn’t unheard of
- Nano-influencers: $20–$200 per video
- Micro-influencers: $200–$1,000 per video
- Mid-tier influencers: $1,000–$10,000 per video
- Macro-influencers: $10,000–$20,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $20,000+ per post
- Nano-influencers: $2–$20 per post
- Micro-influencers: $20–$100 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $100–$1,000 per post
- Macro-influencers: $1,000–$2,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $2,000+ per post
- Nano-influencers: $25–$250 per post
- Micro-influencers: $250–$1,250 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $1,250–$12,500 per post
- Macro-influencers: $12,500–$25,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $25,000+ per post
As you can see, depending on the platforms the rate is a little different. Now, how do these influencers make money? What they exactly do?
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
Types of Influencer Partnerships
#1 Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s or company’s products/services. Influencer recommends a product or service and then compensated when someone makes a purchase using the influencer’s link. Beginner-friendly affiliate networks are ShareASale and/or Amazon Associates Central.
#2 Display Advertising
Typically, bloggers sign up with a third-party display advertising network or sell space directly on their website. Third-party display advertising has some requirements such as:
- Mediavine – requires a minimum of 25,000 website sessions per month
- AdThrive – require a minimum of 100,000 pageviews/month
- Google AdSense – has no requirement for website sessions and/or pageview per month
Because of that, most bloggers start from Google AdSense even though it’s very low pay. In addition, Google Adsense will only pay you when your Adsense account reaches above $100.
#3 Sponsored Posts
I think sponsored posts are realistic ways to make money compared to another list. With these, businesses ask the influencer to promote their product directly in exchange for compensation. The compensation is based on a contract between businesses and influencers.
These are some examples of sponsored posts:
- Shoutouts – new products or services mostly on social media
- Host Giveaways
- Product Reviews – in some cases, influencers get free products instead of compensation
- How-To Tutorials – blog posts or YouTube videos
- Become Brand Ambassador
#4 Influencer Marketing Networks
If you are a newbie influencer, signing up with third-party influencer marketing networks might be a good starting point. These networks help to match the needs between brands and influencers.
Here are some influencer marketing networks on the internet:
- #paid – you need Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Tiktok. Collaborate with IKEA, Starbucks, Coca Cola, hydrant, etc.
- AspireIQ – you need Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Blogs. Collaborate with hundreds of brands like Original Grain, Hello Fresh, LOVESAC, etc.
- Open Influence – you need Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Blogs. Collaborate with ANA, GDPR, aws, etc.
- Influence – you need Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Patreon, Snapchat, Tiktok, Amazon. Influencers get free products or cash for reviews!
- Socialpubli – you need Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Blogs, Tik Tok, Twitch, Whatsapp. Mainly looking for gaming & e-sports influencer, LinkedIn influencer, Tik Tok influencer.
- Popularpays – you need Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok. Collaborate with Banana Republic, Amazon, Google, BOSE, Nike, etc.
- Fourstarzz – you need Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs. Collaborate with Eucerin, reBuy, PHILIPS, BMW, etc.
- Collabary – You need to have more than 1k followers on at least one of your Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube channels. And also, you need to locate in Europe!
- Influencer – You need Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube. Collaborate with Groupon, N26, OMG, Public Media, etc.
- IZEA – You need Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitch, TikTok, WordPress, and other Blogs. Collaborate with Subway, Levi’s, Comcast, Whole Foods, Target, eBay, etc.
- Tapinfluence – You need Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Blogs. Collaborate with companies from Food, Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle industries.
- Webfluential – You need Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, WordPress. Collaborate with phd, DDB, P&G, KFC, etc.
If you have social media channels as well as a large audience, I highly recommend signing up for influencer marketing networks.
The influencer marketing industry is on track to be worth up to $15 billion by 2022. “Influencer” sounds like a young pretty woman or Fashion related Instagrammer. But no. Anyone can be an influencer if you have social media channels or blogs!