How to Create a File Upload Form in WordPress
These days, most of the business used WordPress for their website.
It’s a great choice for your eCommerce website, company website, blogging, and more. In fact, 30% of all websites on the internet are built with WordPress, and 27% of the top 10k sites by traffic use WordPress.
However, WordPress doesn’t provide services that users can upload files. Well, don’t worry. You can use a plugin to add that functionality to your WordPress website!
By using File Upload form plugin, you can accept job application forms like PDF resume, blog post or image, documents to provide additional information, audio clips, etc.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. This is a sponsored blog post, but all opinions are my own. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
In this post, I’ll explain how to create a file upload form in WordPress with WPForms Addons. (because it’s super easy!)
First, Why WPForms?
WPForms is perfect for small business owners, bloggers, designers, developers, and photographers because it is a powerful but affordable WordPress Form builder. You don’t need any coding knowledge. It’s a 100% beginner-friendly contact form solution. You can change plans or cancel your account at any time.
- Basic $79/ year – Include essential tools to build your online form
- Plus $199/ year – Best use for businesses
- Pro $399 / year – Include everything you need to build a perfect form
- Elite $599 / year – Include premier solution for smart business owners
If you don’t like WPForms over the next 14 days after purchase, then you get a full refund.How to Create a File Upload Form in WordPress Click To Tweet
Summary of File Upload Feature with WPForms
1. Accept all kinds of file types like:
- Documents (.doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf)
- Images (.png, .gif, and .jpg)
- Video (.mpg, .mov, and .wmv),
- Audio (.wav, .mp3, and .mp4)
2. Drag & Drop Form Builder allows you to create an amazing form in just a few minutes without writing any code. Easy and simple!
3. WPForms is 100% responsive meaning it works on mobile, tablets & desktop. With the Google algorithm update, mobile-friendly responsive web design increases visibility on search engines. Responsive Mobile Friendly is very important for your website’s traffic.
4. Users can set max file size. If you did not set max file size, WPForms automatically allow a max of 128MB.
5. Users can upload multiple files.
6. Spam Prevention prevent spambot submissions. This feature is automatically enabled on all WordPress forms unless you unclick this option.
7. You can create custom email notifications and confirmations.
If you want to allow site visitors to upload files directly to your website, this addon is a great option!
How to Setup a File Upload Form with WPForms in 4 Easy Steps
Step 1: Go to the WPForms website. And login to your account.
Step 2: And then install and activate the WPForms plugin.
Step 3: Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on WPForms > Add New in the left-hand panel to create a new form and name it. (The form name can be anything you like!)
Step 4: Scroll down to the Additional Templates section and type “File Upload Form.” Then click on it to open the template. That’s all. Now you can use a pre-built File Upload Form. (It’s a drag and drop builder)
You can customize your File Upload Form go to Settings > General. From the General setting, you can set max file size, notifications, confirmations page, etc.
Do you want to know more about the File Upload plugin feature with WPForms? Visit the WPForms website here and explore more details.