Without a steady stream of happy customers, no business can survive for long.
How can businesses find out what their customers want? How can you find out how to provide better service to customers without asking them directly?
For an online business, it’s very difficult to interact with the target audience in person. Using Google Analytics can help you with it!
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service from Google that allows you to analyze in-depth detail about the visitors to your website.
It provides valuable insights that can help you to shape the success strategy of your business no matter how big your business is.
Let me be more specific. By using Google Analytics, you can:
- Identify your visitor’s geographic location
- Identifying which channel performed the best in getting visitors to your site (Facebook? Twitter? Google Search?
- If you sell eBook on your site, you can identify which books sales the most
- If you are a blogger, you can identify which blog post is most popular
- If you sell online courses, you can identify what keywords visitor used to find your courses
These data will be very helpful to scale your business as well as improve the quality of the product.
However, Google Analytics can be difficult to understand and dissect. If you are a WordPress user, there is a great plugin you should give it try!
How to Easily Use Lead Source Tracking in Google Analytics Click To Tweet
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. This is a sponsored blog post, but all opinions are my own. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
What is MonsterInsights?
MonsterInsights is a plugin that allows you to easily add, customize, and manage Google Analytics on your WordPress site. It’s really easy to use and beginner-friendly.
MonsterInsights is a Free and Premium plugin for WordPress. I use the free version because blogging is my hobby for now. But if you are making money from your WordPress site as a business, you should use the Pro plan or above.
The Pro plan or above has so many useful tools to boost your sales, deep analysis of your customer’s behavior. (why and how they make buying decisions, etc.)
MonsterInsights Free Plan
With MonsterInsights Free plan, you can check:
- New vs. Returning Visitors – this graph shows what percent of your user sessions come from new vs repeat visitors.
- Device Breakdown – this graph shows what percent of your visitor sessions are done using a traditional computer or laptop, tablet, or mobile device to view your site.
- Top 10 Countries – this list shows the top countries your website visitors are from.
- Top 10 Referrals – this list shows the top websites that send your website traffic, known as referral traffic.
- Top Posts/Pages – this list shows the most viewed posts and pages on your website.
The free plan already included basic analytics. For personal bloggers, this data might be enough. If you purchase a Pro plan or above, you can get more data.
MonsterInsights Pro Plan or Above
With MonsterInsights Pro plan or above, you can check:
- Publishers – it shows you exactly which content gets the most traffic, so you can analyze and optimize it for higher conversions.
- Search Console – see exactly how people find your website, which keywords they searched for, how many times the results were viewed, and more.
- eCommerce – total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top products, top referral sources, and more.
- Dimensions – allows you to easily see what’s working right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Forms – allows you to see which forms are performing better and which forms have lower conversion rates so you can optimize using real data.
- Real-Time – allows you to view your traffic sources and visitor’s activity when you need it.
- Site Speed – see how your homepage performs according to Google’s own criteria and see how you can improve to increase your ranking.
My Favorite report by MonsterInsights Pro Plan or Above
Search Console Report provides the number of clicks and track interests on the site, so it is very helpful to find new content ideas. Also, the Click-Through-Rate (CTR) is good data to improve your SEO.
eCommerce Report is great for your online store! My favorite part is that you can see the time it takes for customers to purchase. If your customers took a long time to make a purchase, you should consider rewriting your product description or redesign your site. A good website is EASY-TO-NAVIGATE. In addition, you can see how many sessions are needed for a purchase. This will help your social media marketing strategies.
How to check all these reports?
Sign in to your WordPress and go to Plugins > Add New. And then, type “MonsterInsights” into search plugin > find plugin named “Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights (the purple mascot with a magnifying glass) > click “Install Now” > after that, click “Activate.”
Connect Google Analytics and MonsterInsights following directions. That’s all. After you’ve connected your Google Analytics and MonsterInsights account, go to Insights. Now, you’ll see all data that I explained.
MonsterInsights doesn’t offer free trials, but they offer 14 days full refund. No question asked. If you want to know more about MonsterInsights, please check their website here or just install the free version! You’ll be surprised by how easy it to navigate.