Believe it or not, some people make a living with a virtual assistant.
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services to clients. Who’s hiring a virtual assistant? Well, who do you want to work with? What kind of virtual assistant services can you offer? Here is the ultimate list of virtual assistant services that help you to figure out the ideal client.
How to Make Money as a Virtual Assistant Click To Tweet
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
Creative Writing – Are you good at writing?
- Writing blog posts
- Writing ebooks
- Writing or editing audio or video transcriptions
- Writing social media posts
- Editing & proofreading blog posts or ebooks
- Email marketing
- Creating product descriptions for online shops like Shopify or Etsy
- Grant proposals
- Podcast scripting
Administrative Assistant – Are you good at multitasking?
- Customer services like email, chat, or phone
- Data entry
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Appointment setting
- Order fulfillment
- Taking orders, packaging, and sending
- Writing job listings
- Arranging interviews
- Turn a video into a written blog post
- Turn blog post into a social media post
- Making travel arrangements
- Form preparation
- Uploading YouTube videos
- Updating house or land listings for realtors
- Helping launch ebooks or programs
- Event planning and management
- Personal shopping
Graphic Design – Are you an artist?
- Creating graphics for blog posts
- Photo editing
- Creating slides for webinars or workshops
- Designing business cards, flyers, logos, menus, etc.
- Creating social media graphics or pins
- Photography for websites and promotional materials
- Creating brand style guides
- Designing ebooks
- Designing printables for people to sell or promote their businesses
Tech Support – Are you a good friend with technology?
- Updating websites and plugins
- Website security and backups
- Drive traffic to the site
- Video editing
- Podcast editing
- Webinar setup
- Google Analytics support
- Database creation and management
- Website design and/or maintenance
- Creating surveys and online forms
- Creating and managing affiliate programs
- Creating digital magazines
- File conversion
- Setting up spreadsheets
- Tracking and fixing broken links
- E-course creation
- Website coding
- Formatting ebooks
- Managing eCommerce sites
- Creating and self-publishing books for authors
Social Media Management – Do you know how to grow followers?
- Scheduling social media
- Designing social media graphics
- Creating social media contents
- Creating social media ads
- Responding to social media messages
- Grow followers
- Build a strong engagement with the audience
Research – Are you good at research?
- Travel research
- Event research
- Keyword research
- Vendor/printer research
- Product research
- Market research
- Software and program research
- Hashtag research
- Education research
- Product price comparison
- Licensing research
- Patent research
- Researching publishers
- Competition research
- Software research
- Solution research
Bookkeeping – Are you good at numbers?
- Managing payments and invoicing
- Processing orders and refunds
- Making collections calls
Marketing – Do you like selling or promoting?
- Create a marketing strategy
- Blog post promotion
- Ebook, course, and membership promotion
- Advertisement management
- Promoting live events
- Product launches support
As you can see, there are a lot of services you can offer as a virtual assistant.
There are tons of online marketplace for freelance services. Small business owners, independent contractors, bloggers need help to grow their businesses.
These are some places to sell your skills: