Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s or company’s products/services. You find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a percentage of the sale as commission.
The commission is varied by company. To make money with affiliate marketing, you need to understand what exactly are you selling, and to whom, and why are you selling it. Creating an accurate customer persona can help you to make money with affiliate marketing.
After you finished your market research and understand your customers, now is the time to learn the simple formula of a passive income with affiliate marketing.How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing Click To Tweet
The Simple Formula of Passive Income with Affiliate Marketing
( Passive Blog Income = PV x CTR x CVR )
This is it! Pretty simple, right? Ok, now let me explain it!
- PV = Pageview
A pageview is the total number of pages viewed/loaded.
- CTR = Click-through rate
The click-through rate is the percentage of how many people click on (affiliate) a link or advertisement.
- CVR = Conversion Ratio
Conversion Ratio is the percentage of how many people clicked and purchased products through (affiliate) a link or advertisement.
Let’s assume that you are running a bakery, a pageview is the total number of customers who visited your bakery. Click-through rate is the percentage of how many people have interested in buying bread at your store. Conversion Ratio is the percentage of how many people purchased the bread at the end.
The more customers visited the store, the more chance to promote your bread. The more chance to promote your bread, the more possibility to sell the bread. The more you sold the bread, the more you make the money!
Affiliate monetization is the same method as this.
Now, How to Increase Your Pageviews?
I’m sure most of you heard about SEO and/or Keywords before. Pageviews are strongly associated with this SEO and/or Keywords.
Let’s test your SEO knowledge here!
- Effectiveness of language learning apps
- The 10 best language learning apps
- Hello World language learning app review
Are you ready for the answer?
The keyword “Effectiveness of language learning apps” would bring a lot of visitors who have interested in language learning apps. But these visitors are interested in the effectiveness of language learning apps, not buying it.
The keyword “The 10 best language learning apps” would bring fewer visitors than the first keyword, but most visitors have interested in language learning apps. These types of people are maybe considering buying language learning apps.
The keyword “Hello World language learning app review” would bring the least visitors compared to the previous two, but all the visitors have interested in the “Hello World” language learning app. These types of people are considering buying the “Hello World” language learning app.
Therefore, number 3 is the most successful keyword to sell the language learning app called “Hello World”!
These keywords are also profitable: recommendation, how to start, compare, how to buy, step by step, cheapest, coupon, pros & cons, etc.
If you are going to sell a language learning app called “Hello World” using an affiliate link, use a high-traffic keyword as a title.
Next, write the effectiveness of language learning apps as an intro then introduce multiple language learning apps including reviews. In the review, don’t forget to include the Hello World language learning app with an affiliate link.
These keywords tips are useful to any digital marketing, not only for affiliate marketing.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
12 Affiliate Programs for New Bloggers
Some affiliate programs reject new blogger’s applications, so I list up newbie friendly affiliate programs that you can apply today.
- Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services. They offer different commissions $15-$50 depending on what category your buyer purchases from. Blogger will be qualified for CPA commission once your buyer purchases on Fiverr for the first time. (Join Fiverr affiliate program here)
- ShareASale is my favorite affiliate program network! The website is user-friendly and easy to navigate for newbies. ShareASale also offers a large selection of affiliate programs. (pay-per-sale, pay-per-lead, and pay-per-click) If you want to make money through affiliate marketing and blogging, I highly recommend this! (Join ShareASale affiliate program here)
- WP Engine is WordPress hosting services. They pay out $200 per referral or 100% of the first month’s payment. With 6-month cookies, coupon site restrictions, and massive payouts, their program is very affiliate friendly. (Join WP Engine affiliate program here)
- FreshBooks is the cloud accounting solution designed exclusively for small business owners. They accept leads from the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Spain, and Switzerland. If a lead becomes a paying subscriber, bloggers earn $55 USD commission. (Join FreshBooks affiliate program here)
- Bluehost is a host of WordPress services. For every visitor who clicks through affiliate links and signs up, bloggers will receive $65. (Join the Bluehost affiliate program here)
- Madison Reed is an at-home hair color that delivers salon-quality results. Bloggers will earn up to $20 per transaction for new customers. Affiliates earn commission on sales generated within 30 days of a click placed by the customers. They also offer $10 affiliate referrals! Great affiliate program for beauty and makeup bloggers. (Join Madison Reed affiliate program here)
- Stella&Dot is a fashion, jewelry, and accessories brand sold through social networks. Sale commission is 12% per sale for new customers and 5% per sale for returning customers. The stylist referral commission is $100! They also offer $10 affiliate referrals. Great affiliate program for beauty and fashion bloggers. (Join Stella&Dot affiliate program here)
- Warby Parker offers boutique-quality crafted eyewear at an affordable price. Affiliates earn up to 20% commission on sales generated within 45 days of a click placed by the customers. Great affiliate program for beauty and fashion bloggers. (Join Warby Parker affiliate program here)
- CreativeLive is online classes in photography, art, design, craft & DIY, marketing, business, and entrepreneurship. Affiliate partners will earn a 30% commission on new customer purchases. (0% commission on return customer purchases) (Join CreativeLive affiliate program here)
- Amazon’s affiliate program is easy to join and use! Bloggers will earn up to 10% in advertising fees. (from Qualifying Purchases, not just the products you advertised) While the commission is small, the thing I like about the Amazon affiliate program is that the population of Amazon users. Most people shop at Amazon which means more chance to earn commission! (Join Amazon affiliate program here)
- Mr. Rebates is a cashback website. If you shop a retailer’s online store through a link from Mr. Rebates, you’ll get money. (cashback) It is often a percentage of the total price you paid. The minimum amount required to receive a quarterly payment is $10. You can get your monthly pay-out with PayPal or by check that is very reliable. (Join Mr.Rebate cashback website here)
Affiliate Marketing is not fast cash. You need patience and strong market research. However, Affiliate Marketing is a fantastic method for generating passive income if you can become the connector between companies and consumers.