If you want to create a WordPress blog for cheap, a Bluehost hosting service could be a great choice!
I personally have had a good experience with Bluehost, and it is one of the top web hosting companies in 2020. You can start your own blog with them for as low as 2.95/month and a free domain for the first year.
In this post, you will learn how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost step by step. Click here to start a blog on WordPress, then use the step by step guide below.How to Start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost Click To Tweet
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
Click WordPress Hosting
First, click WordPress Hosting upper corner left and select “WordPress Hosting.”
Choose a plan. The “Basic” plan is most likely all you will need for a personal blog. If you are going to build multiple websites, the Choice “Plus” plan includes Unlimited Websites.
All WordPress hosting plans include:
- Automatic WordPress Installation – Bluehost automatically installs the latest and most secure version of WordPress for you.
- Free Domain Name for 1 Year
- Automatic WordPress Updates
- 24/7 WordPress Hosting Support
- Hundreds of Themes Available – You don’t need to be a designer and/or coder expert. Free and premium themes are available from the moment you create your account. Find the WordPress theme that best represents you! Installation is fast and easy, and switching themes can be completed in seconds.
A domain name is your website URL, like a home address. All the domain names should be different, just like nobody has the same home address. For example, you can’t register for Google.com because Google already uses that domain name.
For brand recognition, domain name and blog name should be the same, but not the must.
Once, you decide the domain name click the next button.
Create Your Account
After you typed all your account information, please look at the “Package Information” section. You can see the account plan is a 36-month price of $3.95. If you are a blogging newbie and not sure about writing a blog for 36 months, change the account plan.
- 12-month contract/total $71.40 – monthly payment $5.95
- 24-month contract/total $118.80 – monthly payment $4.95
- 36-month contract/total $142.20 – monthly payment $3.95
Uncheck the “Package Extras” if you want to. You don’t really need them for blogging.
Click submit and done.
Once you’ve completed your account set up, and picked a theme, your new account is automatically connected to the latest version of WordPress.
Simply log in to your customer dashboard and find your new site waiting for you to start editing. Super easy!
Originally Bluehost was a beginner-friendly WordPress platform, but the “Automatic WordPress Installation” makes it a more easy and simple. I really like it.
Note: Bluehost has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like it, you can cancel and get a refund within 30 days.