MonsterInsights: Install Google Analytics to your WordPress site in 3 Easy Steps
MonsterInsights is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily add, customize, and manage the Google Analytics on your WordPress site.
It has a free version and a paid version. The paid version has three options:
- Plus $99.50/year
- Pro $199/year
Related: MonsterInsights Review 2020: Best WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
Summary of Paid Version of MonsterInsights Features:
- Universal Tracking
- Google Analytics Dashboard
- Real-time Stats
- Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking
- Page-Level Analytics
- Affiliate Link & Ads Tracking
- EU Compliance (GDPR Friendly)
- Custom Dimensions
- Performance & Optimize
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. This is a sponsored blog post, but all opinions are my own. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
In this article, I’ll explain how to install MonsterInsights free version on your WordPress site step by step.
First, Create Google Account
First, you’ll need to open the Google Analytics website and click the “Sign in to Analytics” link or “Start for free” button. (It’s the top right corner of the page!)
If you already have a Google account, log in to your existing Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, create a new Google account.
After you’ve signed into your Google account, sign up for Google Analytics.
And then you’ll need to set up for your site information.
Once you are finished, click the “Get Tracking ID” button.
Next, Install Plugin
Now, log into your WordPress account.
Go to Plugins > Add New > Type “MonsterInsights” into search plugin > find plugin named “Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights (the purple mascot with a magnifying glass) > click “Install Now” > after that, click “Activate”
Then, Connect Google Analytics and MonsterInsights
After the plugin is activated, you’ll see a new menu item labeled “Insights” to your WordPress admin menu. Click it to bring the MonsterInsights setup wizard.
In the MonsterInsights setup wizard, you’ll be asked to choose a category for your website.
- Business Website – for example, company website
- Publisher – for example, blog
- eCommerce – for example, online store
Select one of them and click the “‘Save and Continue” button.
On the next page, click on the “Connect MonsterInsights” button.
This will bring up a Google account login page. Once you login to Google account, you’ll be asked to allow MonsterInsights to access your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Allow” button to continue.
The final step is to select your website to track and then click “Complete Connection.“
After that, you’ll be asked to select the recommended settings for your website. I selected the default settings because it would work for most websites.
Go to Insights > Report, then you’ll see an overview of your analytics data. If you want to change the setting, go to Insights > Settings.
If you go to Insights > About Us page, you’ll find another WordPress plugins like WPForms, OptinMonster, and WP Mail SMTP.
- WPForms – Beginner-friendly drag & drop WordPress forms plugin that allows you to create beautiful contact forms, subscription forms, payment forms, and more in minutes.
WPForms Related Post:
- How to Create a File Upload Form in WordPress
- How to Reduce Contact Form Spam in WordPress
- How to Accept Credit Card Payments in WordPress Without Hiring a Developer
- How to Get Documents Signed With WordPress
- OptinMonster – High-converting option forms like Exit-Intent popups, Fullscreen Welcome Mats, and Scroll boxes help you dramatically boost conversions and get more email subscribers.
- WP Mail SMTP – SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is an industry-standard for sending emails. SMTP helps increase email deliverability by using proper authentication.
These plugins are made by the same team as MonsterInsights. The team provides simple and easy, beginner-friendly WordPress plugins.
MonsterInsights is 100% no-risk double-guarantee. If you don’t like MonsterInsights over the next 14 days, you’ll get a 100% refund without asking any questions. OR you can start it for free first.