Looking for social media holidays for content marketing?
Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the Super Bowl are core holidays for most audiences.
I’ve created a simple social media planner you can download for free. If you’ve ever struggled with what to post on social media, this social media planner might be helping you to create content.
Download it here and read through the article to learn how to use it.
Social Media Holidays You Need in 2022 Indispensable Click To Tweet
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my full disclaimer here for more info.
First, what is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies for small businesses, but it’s harder than it looks.
If you’re a small business owner and not quite sure which social media platforms are right for your business, visit How to Use Social Media for Your Small Business or Which Social Media Platforms Are Right For Your Business. These two articles will help you to understand how to apply social media marketing to your business effectively.
One of the most powerful ways to boost your online reputation as well as sales is to use “holidays.” Why? These holidays are related to most people, so you can engage with many audiences. Therefore, I’ve created a simple social media calendar that you can download for free. No email is required.
How to use social media planner?
You can simply download and saved it on your computer. It’s a PDF file. If you want to print it out, don’t forget to set up “fit the paper.” Otherwise, some design elements won’t print on the paper properly.
Read through the calendar and understand what the holiday is about. Will it entertain your followers? Build relationships or network with other businesses?
You don’t have to use all these holidays. Pick the holidays to make the most sense for your business. You can also add some holidays too!
Find the popular hashtags for the holidays you picked. Use them on your social media content! Depending on the holiday, it can be a good time to run a promotion or offer a discount code. Creating product that related to holidays are also a great idea to boost your sales.
Here are the most popular holidays for 2022. Write down some hashtags on your social media planner, under the “project.” So, you don’t have to Google it over and over.
January 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 1. Saturday, New Year’s Day #NewYearsDay
- 17. Monday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day #MLKDay
- 28. Friday, Data Privacy Day #PrivacyAware
February 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 6. Sunday, Super Bowl LVI #SBLVI
- 9. Wednesday, National Pizza Day #NationalPizzaDay
- 14. Monday, Valentine’s Day #ValentinesDay
- 20. Sunday, Love Your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay
- 21. Monday, Presidents’ Day #PresidentsDay
March 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 8. Tuesday, International Women’s Day #BeBoldForChange
- 13. Sunday, Daylight Saving Time begins #DaylightSaving
- 17. Thursday, St. Patrick’s Day #StPatricksDay
- 20. Sunday, First Day of Spring #FirstDayofSpring
April 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 1. Friday, April Fool’s Day #AprilFools
- 11. Monday, National Pet Day #NationalPetDay
- 17. Sunday, Easter #HappyEaster
- 22. Friday, Earth Day #EarthDay2022
- 28. National Superhero Day #superheroday
May 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 8. Sunday, Mother’s Day #MothersDay
- 20. Friday, National Be a Millionaire Day #MillionaireDay
- 30. Monday, Memorial Day #MemorialDay #MDW
June 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 3. Friday, National Donut Day #NationalDonutDay
- 8. Wednesday, Best Friends Day #BestFriendsDay
- 19. Sunday, Father’s Day #FathersDay
- 21. Tuesday, First Day of Summer #SummerSolstice
- 30. Thursday, Social Media Day #SMDay
July 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 4. Monday, Independence Day (United States) #4thOfJuly
- 7. Thursday, World Chocolate Day #WorldChocolateDay
- 17. Sunday, World Emoji Day #WorldEmojiDay
August 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 8. Monday, International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
- 9. Tuesday, National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
- 10. Wednesday, National Lazy Day #LazyDay
- 15. Monday, National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
- 19. Friday, World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
- 26. Friday, National Dog Day #NationalDogDay
September 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 3. Saturday, National Lazy Mom’s Day #NationalLazyMomsDay
- 5. Monday, Labor Day #LaborDay
- 6. Tuesday, Read a Book Day #ReadABookDay
- 11. Sunday, National Grandparents Day #NationalGrandparentsDay
- 22. Thursday, First Day of Fall #FirstDayOfFall
- 29. Thursday, National Coffee Day (US and Canada) #NationalCoffeeDay
October 2022 Social Media Holidays
- Saturday, International Coffee Day #InternationalCoffeeDay
- 4. Tuesday, National Taco Day #NationalTacoDay
- 31. Monday, Halloween #Halloween
November 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 6. Sunday, Daylight Saving Time ends #DaylightSaving
- 11. Friday, Veterans Day #VeteransDay
- 24. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day (US) #Thanksgiving
- 25. Friday, Black Friday #BlackFriday
- 28. Monday, Cyber Monday #CyberMonday
December 2022 Social Media Holidays
- 4. Sunday, National Cookie Day #NationalCookieDay
- 21. Wednesday, First Day of Winter #WinterSolstice
- 24. Saturday, Christmas Eve #ChristmasEve
- 25. Sunday, Christmas Day #MerryChristmas
- 31. Saturday, New Year’s Eve #NYE
Make your own graphics!
Canva is a quite popular graphic design tool for bloggers, social media managers, content creators, etc.
It is a free online-based graphic design tool, so you don’t have to download any software on your computer. You can use it from anywhere if there is wifi.
And also, Canva offers a wide variety of FREE pre-designed content. These free templates are pretty high quality and licensed free.
Let’s assume that you want to create Instagram graphics. You need to click “Instagram Template” and pick out ready-to-publish Instagram posts or edit it as you need. You can also upload your brand logo and added it to the template. On the sidebar, you can pick a theme and narrow down the pre-designed content.
The free plan is designed for everything you need to start designing and you’ll get:
- 250,000+ free templates
- 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more)
- Hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics
- Invite members to your team
- Collaborate and comment in real-time
- 5GB of cloud storage
Canva Pro is paid version of Canva. It’s $12.95 a monthly subscription, or $119.40 an annual subscription ($9.95 a month).
Canva Pro plan is designed for professional design made easy with unlimited access to premium tools and content and you’ll get:
- Everything Free has
- Create 1 Brand Kit and upload your own fonts and logos
- One-click design Magic Resize < I love this!
- 420,000+ free templates with new designs daily
- 75+ million premium stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics free-to-use
- Save designs as templates for your team to use
- 100GB of cloud storage
I used a free version of Canva for a year and upgraded to Canva Pro. I’ve been using Canva Pro for a year. At first, I used a free version of Canva but upgraded to Canva Pro after a year. It’s so easy to use and convenient as well as affordable than Adobe. 30 days Free Canva Pro is here.
I hope the list of holidays and social media calendar will boost your ideas! Please share this post if you think others need to know this too. If I get a lot of traffic from this post, I will create another free planner or graphic (: